Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Secret Valentine


Our ward did a secret sister Valentine this year and I had so much fun making it I had to share it. (I don't think my secret sister is a frequenter of my blog but if she is sorry to ruin the secret). I thought really long and hard about what makes me happy and the first answer (after the appropriate family, the gospel etc..) was Chocolate. But I'm afraid I can't give just plain chocolate oh no I'm a fancy pants giver of Chocolate and thus these delicious creations where thus created.


I started with my favorite Girls Scout Thin mints recipe (yes you can make them and yes they are awesome) and cut the chocolate wafers into adorable little hearts. I then dipped them in yummy mint chocolate and let that dry.

Next I melted a new batch of chocolate and dipped these beautiful strawberries in the chocolate. They looked great with just the chocolate but a little white chocolate added a funness factor. The sucker sticks made it super easy to dip perfectly and the little red bows on top just tied it all together.


And there you go an adorable assortment of pure yumminess.

Sad side note is when I had my hired hit man deliver this bad boy of goodness to the secret sisters door no one was home. So I called and left a message to check their front porch but I surely hope they made it home in time to eat the yumminess. If someone out there knows who this secret sister is and somehow found out that she did not in fact get to gorge out on the goodness please let me know so I can make her another plate.
Thanks.

1 comment:

BJ said...

I want the recipe to the thin mints!