Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pilates for Kindergartners


Today during Yoga Lizzie came upstairs while she was trying to keep all the kids in the basement. She ran back downstairs and I soon heard Snow Patrol playing from our DVD player in the basement. I thought it was funny that she wanted to dance instead of usual play but whatever Dance Parties are fun too. After we were all done and before the kids knew that we were done I ran downstairs to grab something for a friend. When I walked down the stairs snow patrol was still playing but instead of a dance party I saw Lizzie sitting at the front of the room and the 6 other kids in lines sitting Indian style with their little hands in prayer position. Lizzie was just telling them to relax their knees and breathe in deeply. I ran through the room choking back the laughter and when I came out Lizzie had them lying on their backs pulling themselves up into C curves using the exact same words that I use when instructing my pilates class. I don't know whether to be disturbed or extremely proud. I guess if Gold's Gym decides to open up a preschool class taught by a preschooler I would have the perfect instructor for them.

4 comments:

The Pitcher Family said...

That is pretty darn cute! Way to go Lizzie. Let me know what time the class starts and I will be there.

Melissa said...

shes such a smart little cookie. i bet the words were verbatim too!

Camey said...

That is so so funny! I wish I could have seen it!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie, lol.