Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Think Tank

So today I somehow found energy enough to shower (side note: I've been sick with pneumonia and it's really kicking my can so hygiene hasn't taken the role that it should, gross I know, deal with it) I love taking showers I've decided there is something so therapeutic about a shower maybe it's all the amazing smelling shower gels and shampoos or maybe it's the sound of water hitting the tiles or maybe it's the fact that when I shower I'm actually all by myself. Alone. It's a weird concept when you have 3 little kids and one of those kids is nursing. Maybe that's why the shower has become my own little think tank. There's just something about getting clean and getting rid of all the stink that seems to come into my life (both physical stink and emotional stink) Some of my best ideas and most powerful inspiration have come to me when I'm in the shower. I now keep a kids bathtub crayon in my shower to write down the ideas that seem to sink into my brain with each drop of water. If our budget could handle it and I wouldn't freak out about looking like a really really white raisin I would probably stay in the shower for hours and hours. My shower wall would probably look like that guy in A Beautiful Mind's shack walls. Ya he was crazy. The hard part is making all of those brilliant ideas come to fruition. Usually I end up erasing all my thoughts as I clean off all my hair from the shower unless it was an idea I had for Jeremy then I usually leave that one up for him to read on his next shower. He has since told me that he usually showers with his eyes closed to get that extra bit of sleep and never notices my "brilliant" ideas. But maybe now that I've told everyone about my think tank I'll actually start taking action on those ideas. I think I'm going to go take another shower and think about how to start doing that.

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I need to get one of those crayons!!! It's so funny how many people talk about the great ideas they get in the shower.

Kaylene said...

I hear you on the showers. Joey's middle name is Merlin, which means Sea Fortress. We REALLY wanted to find a name that had some water meaning. There are few things as soothing or healing as a good long shower.

Oh and FREE WATER is the BEST thing about renting...