Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thinking Positive

When Jeremy was sick he lost like 10 lbs in under a week. I remember whining to him that I wish that would happen to me then I might have an easier time with all of this baby weight my body refuses to get rid of. I guess the saying be careful what you wish for really really comes into effect when you wish something like that. I lost 7 lbs in 4 days, courtesy of giant high fevers, not eating but refusing to give my poor baby a bottle. I haven't really put on jeans for like 3 weeks but I had to go get a cavity filled yesterday (I know it's like insult to injury) and my usual pants were dirty so I pulled out the old Andrea's skinny pants. Not to brag (what am I saying I'm totally bragging), they rocked my world and fit like a glove. And I looked good! I was super super excited it almost made three miserable weeks of pneumonia worth it. When I went to the dentist I felt so good I almost passed up the Novocaine, O.k. just kidding anyone who would do that would be nuts, but I felt good. Now if I can convince my body that even though I'm not working out and just sitting around doing nothing that it does not need to hold on to the food I'm eating now. But I guess I just revel in the glory of skinny jeans fitting now and deal with it when they don't fit.

1 comment:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I'm sorry the pneumonia has taken it's toll. Well, only up to the point of losing weight. That's the upside. Good luck convincing your body that now that you're healthier it doesn't have to retain any of that food that you're going to be eating now.
Did you take a picture in the skinny jeans?