Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random Thoughts-

So these are a few thoughts that I need to write down so I can expound on them later.

1. I wish someone would invent a brain camera. You know, so you can look at something and say I want a picture of that and it takes it just as you see it. I only say this because I was slightly disappointed in the pix that we took at Zions there were so many things of beauty and my camera didn't really capture it all. Also there are so many times that I'm with my kids and I think I need to remember this I need to remember this and even if I have my camera they usually don't pose for the camera like I see them. I really can't wait for someone to invent this brain camera thingy so I can really start to show the world the way I see it, because to be honest there is so much beauty out there.

2. A couple of Sundays ago we were walking to church and Lizzie was tagging along with me as I pushed Abby in the stroller. Lizzie, if you haven't met her, is the queen of conversation and has really picked up on the word expert. She was explaining to me all the things that she was an expert at: a big sister, word person, friend etc. Then she was sweet enough to tell me I was an expert Mom. Then as we started to cross the street to the church she says," I'm an expert at church too!" long pause " But Jesus is the biggest church expert of all." I'm glad I've taught her something.

3. This was my idea in the shower today. I've been praying to have help to lose weight. And I was wondering if that was an evil thing to pray for. I mean lets be honest it sounds a little selfish and really maybe not on the top of things that should be important but hear me out on my reasons.
1- Jeremy's 10 reunion is this August and to be completely shallow I don't want to be his fat wife. I want people to talk to Jeremy and say "You have three kids? Wow! I would have never guessed that by looking at your wife. She is so smokin' hot! How did you do that Jeremy? You are so Lucky to have such an amazing woman." Now I understand that sounds amazingly shallow and probably unrealistic but that's one reason why I'm obsessed with losing weight.
2-Now here's the for real thing. I realize that our bodies are a gift from our Heavenly Father and we need to take care of them and i know I have a good excuse to be fat I mean my baby is just 5 months but I know that I feel best about myself when I'm eating right and exercising so even if I don't "lose" weight I at least get all the benefits of being healthy. So really I think that's why it's OK to have Heavenly Father help me be healthy and lose weight.
So as I contemplated this today the thought struck me that praying is a lot like dieting. (OK that still makes me laugh) but really if you think about it dieting or losing weight is a lot of work, I love the commercials that advertise take this pill and still eat whatever you want, don't exercise and magically the weight will go away. (Does anyone remember how phen phen worked out?) Honestly if you are serious about losing weight you'll watch what you eat, you'll exercise and you'll work until you get the results you are looking for and then it becomes a life style you can't just go back to your old ways. Well praying is the same way we learn in D&C thanks to Oliver Cowdry that you have to do your homework. You have to work as hard as you can and then Heavenly Father will come and help with the rest. Take the brother of Jared for example: His problem: Needing to light a boat. He prays. Heavenly Father says think about and come back to me with your answer. He finds some cool rocks, has some serious hardcore faith and boom he's got light. (sorry that's a really bad synopsis if you want the whole story look here) But it just goes to show you that prayer requires work, just like dieting you work and work and then you just have to have faith that your work is going to pay off somehow. I think about my Mom she's lost a lot of weight over the past 4 years but she still isn't to wear she would like to be but her heart is incredible healthy, and her overall health has improved significantly and more importantly she's able to play with her grandkids which is one of the most important things to her. So the results are a little bit different than what she wants but she keeps working at it and she sees the blessings as they come around. Anyhow thats my thoughts for right now I think I'll make this one a big post later on I just needed to write it down for now. Let me know what you think...Seriously guys I love getting comments on my crazy thoughts it. I like to at least know that someone gets me.

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

pray=diet
so how does someone go on a fad prayer? are there yo-yo prayers? how would that even work?
and you are an expert mom.

K'Lyn said...

I am so glad your mind goes like mine. Thoughts...need to expound later. I think the prayer/diet things is spot on! You can do it half heartedly and almost get results or you can do it with all your heart, putting your heart into it and get the blessings you desire or that God desires for you. You have just given me an idea of something that I can do to help me. Thanks so much. I need to visit with you sometime. I miss your positiveness, it seems that mindset is not super dominant in the world. You are wonderful!