Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"You mean you don't like me?"

So it's our ward camp out this weekend and I have all this nervous energy so I'm "blogging" it out. Is it totally stupid that I think that if we have a small turn out it is somehow a reflection on what people think of me? Wow, I'm more shallow than what I thought. As the new ward activity chair or whatever the heck my official title is I feel like I should be the "party girl" someone who every body wants to hang out with; so of course they'll come to my party. My last little activity had a really small turn out, we got everything done that we wanted to and the people who attended I think had a good time but that was just a little activity. Everyone talks up the ward camp out all the great times they've had at the ward camp out and somehow I don't think they're all too excited about this one. I'm usually really confident in my callings but I usually do behind the scenes stuff but this calling is really putting me out there on a limb. BLURG!!! I'm not to crazy about feeling like this. I guess all I can do is stick to my inspiration and hope that really it was inspiration and that whoever turns up has a quality time. I guess I'm in the business of quality not necessarily quantity whereas I have absolutely no control of the later of the two. Meh! If anybody else out there has a fantastic idea of how to make sure I get lots of people there, before Friday let me know. If not I guess I'll have a lot of terriyaki chicken and dutch oven potatoes to eat for awhile. Nice.

3 comments:

tawngap said...

Hello my friend.

Here is my advice. Say a prayer and have confidence that the people who need to be there, will be there. Other than that there is really nothing you can do... unless you feel inspired to put some sort of flier on everyone's door or put up a giant sign in your front yard to remind the peeps in your ward. =)

the letter "J" said...

We'll be there!! I totally know how you feel though. When I was the Activity whatever in my last ward I felt like attendance was a reflection of wether or not I was liked, but it really isn't. People LOVE you, so I guess if it is a reflection, we will actually run out of food!! :o)

Kaylene said...

How did it go? I hope great!

If there are any left overs, I want you to go to the store, pack them up with some dry ice, and send them off to Texas. ;) Man, I miss both of those things, LOL! I guess it may be time to pull out my dutch oven... And build a fire, and chop some stuff. Hmm, there's a BBQ place down the street. The city has done bad bad things to me...

I agree with tawngap, HF has a way of getting people there who need to be there, all the rest are just fun extra's. I'm sure anyone who didn't go missed out big time.

And I tend to not go to things, I usually have no clue who's in charge. It has nothing to do with them, rather how we're all feeling that day, what else has been going on and if I remember what day it is let alone what's on the calendar... (((HUGS)))