Thursday, September 25, 2008

The secert is in the shoes.

Dear Payless Lady,
You were so helpful today and honestly you should get an award for being so happy. But as you left to go pick up my online order from the back of the store I had to hide my terrible secret. See while you were helping the lady in front of me in such a friendly fashion I noticed that my two year old had somehow houdinied her way out of her diaper and it was clinging to one leg by the miracle of her adorable shortalls. As you went to show the lady the adorable hot pink heels in the freakishly large women's shoe size I quickly removed the diaper from my baby girl's leg and descretly jammed into my stuffed to the gills purse. You came back and got my name and said with such a cheery smile that you would be back in a giffy. I prayed that you would hold to that because I knew I had a tickin' peeing time bomb. But as I got lost in the women's shoe section (I so desperatly need a new pair of black heels) I heard the words "Mom, potty." My gaze fell to the wet stuff dripping down my girl's leg and noticed a little splashieness in her adorable pink plastic shoe. Just then you appeared from the back room. I quickly scanned the floor and saw a mini and by mini I mean maybe a few droplets size puddle and just happened to scoot a box over it. I took the shoes from you and quickly signed the paper hoping you wouldn't notice my girl's pee wetted shortalls (still cute even with a mini pee mark) You asked so kindly if you could put the shoes in a bag for me, I hesitated and had a mini-debate in my brain whether I should tell you or not and then just shook my head out of a pure dummy mommy moment caused by my girl splashing her feet in those adorable plastic pink shoes. As I carted all three of my children out of the store as quickly as I could I wondered if the few pee droplets would stink up your store. I wondered if maybe that would take your customer service down a notch and felt really bad about that. So I hope really that you didn't notice the mini puddle under the shoe box and I hope that you still keep helping people find the shoes they need and pointing out adorable hot pink heels in freakishly large sizes. And I hope that you might be able to forgive me for being an embarassed mom that just had too much on her plate for one day.
Anyhow Keep smiling,
Andrea
p.s. let me know if those adorable hot pink heels come in my size. Thanks ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH boy!! I am glad that other's have those mommy moments, and decide not to share it with 'others'. Does me good to know that. Thanks for sharing.

Kaylene said...

ROFLOL! You're too funny! and (((HUGS))) If anyone can understand that it's me. ;) Some days I wonder if I should be allowed out of hte house.