Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yes, I can be crafty..

So I survived the whole ward camp out, thanks mostly to my husband and a guy with a camp chef and lots and lots of patience. We had two investigating families show up so I hope that they had a quality time and were able to meet our wonderful ward. It really was a good turn out so I guess my prayers were answered. I found out on Saturday that I had a baby shower for a friend on the next Tuesday and i knew that I wasn't really going to have any time to shop until Monday night so my brain started swimming what I could get her and the soon to be new bundle of joy. Just as I was contemplating what do I really appreciate as a mom of a fantastic bundle of joy, Will spit up and I mean spit up huge. I wiped myself off with a burp rag and then had an instant inspiration. I had seen a cute burp cloth once in a nursing lounge that was a simple cloth diaper with fantastic ribbon sewn on it. So I decided that I could do that too. I went to the store late Monday night and picked up a package of cloth diapers and some cute rick-rack and a few spools of adorable ribbon. Tuesday Morning I skipped out on my pilates and decided to get all crafty and what not. I zipped through 10 burp cloths like nothing else. The best part is they turned out so cute. Now I'm not a seamstress by any means in fact I can think of at least 16 people that sew a heck of a lot better than me right this very second. But I found something that works pretty good and used that nylon fish line looking thread so no one can see how crooked my stitches get. Anyhow I thought I would post a few pix of them. I really felt great after getting them done, good enough that Tuesday night when I usually blog I decided to finish off the rest of the burp cloths for a friend who had just had a baby girl and then I decided I wanted a couple for myself. There's just something about putting your mind to doing something and getting it done. Huzzah for the craftiness that I can fake out.


The sweet girly ones


The cute boy ones (don't you love that rick-rack?)

This one I was really proud of just for the fact that that ribbon was so thin and somehow I managed to sew it. K I know this might be something really lame to get so excited about but still looking at it I get so happy. If anyone else is having a baby anytime soon let me know and I'll whip a batch for you.

No comments: